Hushmail Business customers who have enabled passphrase recovery can reset passphrases for users on their domain who have lost or forgotten their passphrases. To reset a user's passphrase you will need:
- To be able to access to a passphrase component
- To be able to sign into Hushtools with your administrator account.
To access a passphrase component follow these steps:
- Sign into the Hushmail account in which your domain's passphrase components are stored. This account will either be your administrator account, or specific accounts designated by you when you configured passphrase recovery.
- Click on the mail folder named Passphrase Shadows
- Open the most recent email for the account whose passphrase you wish to reset.
- Copy the passphrase component that is included in the message, as you will need this to reset the passphrase.
To reset a passphrase follow these steps:
- Sign into Hushtools with your administrator account.
- Click on Users, followed by Show all users to display a list of users on your domain.
- Click the edit link next to the user name you wish to reset the passphrase for.
- Click Reset Passphrase
- Paste the passphrase component into the field named Paste one of the passphrase components required for reset
- Enter your new passphrase in the field labeled Enter the new passphrase and confirm the passphrase.
- Click OK. You will now be able to sign into the account using the new passphrase.