If you have a Premium account there are several ways in which it can be closed:
- Requesting we close your account. If you contact us and request we close your account we will do so. For verification, we will require either an encrypted email sent from your Hushmail account to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you can provide us with the last four numbers of the credit card we have on file for your account, we can use this as verification as well.
- By letting your premium subscription lapse and not signing in for three weeks after your account has been downgraded to free account status. If you let your Premium subscription lapse your account will automatically deactivate once your billing date passes. By default your Hushmail subscription is set to renew automatically, though you can set your account to manually renew.
- If you request we close your account, we will deactivate and delete your account, typically within 48 hours. This will be permanent and irreversible.
- Once your account has been deleted your account data may reside in our backups for a period of up to three weeks.
- Deleting your account will not delete the data in our log files.