If you have a Premium account there are several ways in which it can be closed:
- Requesting we close your account. If you contact us and request we close your account we will do so. However, before we can close your Premium account we will require that you either send us an encrypted email from the account you wish closed requesting we close your account, or you confirm the first and last four digits of the credit card used to upgrade the account.
- By letting your premium subscription lapse and not signing in for three weeks after your account has been downgraded to free account status. If you let your Premium subscription lapse your account will be downgraded to a free account. By default your Hushmail subscription is set to renew automatically,if you set your account to manually renew, and you do not renew it then your subscription will lapse.
- If you request we close your account, we will deactivate and delete your account, typically within 48 hours. This will be permanent and irreversible.
- Once your account has been deleted your account data may reside in our backups for a period of up to three weeks.
- Deleting your account will not delete the data in our log files.