Set up Hushmail on Outlook/Microsoft 365 for Mac (IMAP)
Please note: When sending mail from a third-party mail client, your copy of the message will be saved in your Sent folder as encrypted, even if the message is sent as non-encrypted. By default, any mail sent via SMTP from a third-party mail program will be sent as non-encrypted, unless the recipient is a Hushmail customer or has previously set a passphrase for receiving encrypted email.
We’ll show you how to set up Outlook in Microsoft 365 (Mac) to work with Hushmail (IMAP).
Steps to set up Hushmail (IMAP):
1. From the Tools tab, select Accounts
2. In the bottom left hand corner, click on the + icon and select New Account
3. On the next page type in your full Hushmail email address and click Continue
4. On the next page click on the icon labeled IMAP/POP
5. On the next page type in the following server settings and then click Add Account
- Always make sure to type in your full email address, even when asked for your username.
- If Outgoing port 587 does not work, try port 465.
- If you have enabled two-step verification on your account, you must sign in to a desktop or mobile email application by entering a security code in addition to your passphrase. Find out how to locate and use your security code here.
If folders are missing…
If some of your folders aren’t showing up after adding your Hushmail account, you might have to manually subscribe to them. You can do this by completing the following steps:
- Find and right click your Hushmail account folder in the navigation pane on the left of the Outlook mail window
- Click IMAP Folders
- Click Query
- Click a folder, and then click Subscribe
- To select multiple folders, press and hold the Command key as you click folder names (or click the first one, hold shift, and click the last one)