Outlook 2010 and 2013 (IMAP)
Please note: When sending mail from a third-party mail client, your copy of the message will be saved in your Sent folder as encrypted, even if the message is sent as non-encrypted. By default, any mail sent via SMTP from a third-party mail program will be sent as non-encrypted, unless the recipient is a Hushmail customer or has previously set a passphrase for receiving encrypted email.
Set up Outlook 2010 or 2013 to work with Hushmail (IMAP)
- From the File menu, select Info and then Account Settings.
- Click New...
Type your name, email address and passphrase in to the space provided.
When you have finished entering your account information, select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and then click Next.
- Select Internet E-mail and click Next.
- Type your account settings as shown below. When you have finished, click More Settings, not Next.
Your Name: your name
E-mail Address: your email address
Account Type: IMAP
Incoming mail server: imap.hushmail.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.hushmail.com
User Name: your full email address
Password: your passphrase
- Select the Outgoing Server tab.
Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Select the Advanced tab.
Under Incoming Server (IMAP), enter in 993 as the Port Number, and select SSL for the Use the following type of encrypted connection option.
Under Outgoing Server (SMTP), enter in 587 as the Port Number, and select SSL for the Use the following type of encrypted connection option.
- Click Finish.
- Click Close.
If you're having trouble sending email, try again with the following alternate SMTP server settings:
Alternate SMTP server:
Server hostname: smtp.hushmail.com
If folders are missing…
If some of your folders aren’t showing up after adding your Hushmail account, you might have to manually subscribe to them. You can do this by completing the following steps:
- Find and right click your Hushmail account folder in the navigation pane on the left of the Outlook mail window
- Click IMAP Folders
- Click Query
- Click a folder, and then click Subscribe
- To select multiple folders, press and hold the Control key (Command key on a Mac) as you click folder names (or click the first one, hold shift, and click the last one)