Please note: When sending mail from a third-party mail client, your copy of the message will be saved in your Sent folder as encrypted, even if the message is sent as non-encrypted. By default, any mail sent via SMTP from a third-party mail program will be sent as non-encrypted, unless the recipient is a Hushmail customer or has previously set a passphrase for receiving encrypted email.
We’ll show you how to set up Outlook in Microsoft 365 (Windows) to work with Hushmail (IMAP).
Steps to set up Hushmail (IMAP):
1. Open Outlook and select File
2. Click on Account Settings and choose Account Settings... from the drop down menu
3. On the next screen, select New in the Email tab
4. Enter in your email address and select Advanced options
5. Check the box for Let me set up my account manually and select Connect
6. Select IMAP
7. Select Next
8. Enter your password and then select Connect
9. Review your added email account and select Done
Always make sure to type in your full email address
- If you have enabled two-step verification on your account, you must sign in to a desktop or mobile email application by entering a security code in addition to your passphrase. Find out how to locate and use your security code here.