Please note: When sending mail from a third-party mail client, your copy of the message will be saved in your Sent folder as encrypted, even if the message is sent as non-encrypted. By default, any mail sent via SMTP from a third-party mail program will be sent as non-encrypted, unless the recipient is a Hushmail customer or has previously set a passphrase for receiving encrypted email.
POP & IMAP are available only to Hushmail Premium with Desktop Access. All Hushmail Business accounts come with POP & IMAP included.
Set up Outlook 365 to work with Hushmail (IMAP)
1. From the Tools tab, select Accounts
2. In the bottom left hand corner, click on the + icon and select New Account
3. On the next page type in your full Hushmail email address and click Continue
4. On the next page click on the icon labeled IMAP/POP
5. On the next page type in the following server settings and then click Add Account
- Always make sure to type in your full email address, even when asked for your username.
- If Outgoing port 587 does not work, try port 465.