This article will teach you how to update your existing domain’s MX records to point to Hushmail if you have a domain registered on iPage.com.
Why you need to set your MX records:
Mail Exchanger (MX) records are the part of DNS records that direct email to specific servers on the Internet. Before Hushmail can receive mail for your domain, you’ll need to configure the MX records.
1. Sign in to the Domains Dashboard
2. In the card view, click Manage on the appropriate domain
3. In List View, click the gear icon next to the domain
On the left sidebar, click DNS & Nameservers, then select the DNS Records tab. Click the blue + button to add a new record. Select MX from the Type field dropdown list.
4. Type the following MX record value in the Content field
5. Type 10 in the Priority field
Leave the Name field blank and adjust the TTL (time to live) according to your preference. Then click on the Add DNS button.
6. Click the Add DNS button
7. Repeat step 3 and add the second MX record
Type 10 in the Priority field, leave the Name field blank, adjust the TTL (time to live) according to your preference, and click the Add DNS button.
8. If MX records already exist, replace them with new records
Instead of clicking on the blue + button in step 3, click the three dots to the right of the MX record you wish to replace. Type in the new MX record with the same format you used in step 3. Delete any extra MX records.
9. Click the Update DNS button
You can read more about updating your MX records on iPage.com and find screenshots of the steps at: