This article will teach you how to update your existing domain’s MX records to point to Hushmail if you have a domain registered on IONOS.
Why you need to set your MX records:
Mail Exchanger (MX) records are the part of DNS records that direct email to specific servers on the Internet. Before Hushmail can receive mail for your domain, you’ll need to configure the MX records.
1. Sign in to IONOS and go to the Domains & SSL section
2. Next to the domain, click the gear symbol under Actions
3. Click ADD RECORD and select the entry MX
If you’re editing existing records, next to the MX record, click Edit Record under Actions.
4. In the Host name field, specify the host, such as @ or a subdomain
The @ character is used as a placeholder in this case and ensures that the domain is called with www and all subdomains.
5. In the Points to field, enter the appropriate record
For Hushmail you will enter two MX records:
If MX records already exist, replace them with the new records.
6. Add the priority number in the Priority field
The priority number for both records is 10.
7. Click Save
Your changes are effective at IONOS immediately. It can take up to an hour for the change to be updated worldwide.
You can read more about updating your MX records on IONOS at: