On May 1, 2016, Hushmail is shutting down our file storage function, a rarely used feature that came with the original version of Hushmail.
What does this mean?
On May 1, 2016, all stored files will be deleted. On that date, you will no longer be able to store new files in Hushmail, access any existing stored files, or access files shared with you by someone else.
This DOES NOT AFFECT files received as email attachments. Those are all safe and secure. This only affects files saved using the file storage feature offered with the original Hushmail, which enabled users to save attachments in folders outside of their email.
How do I know if I have files stored in Hushmail?
- Go to the original version of Hushmail—this is the only way to access stored files. To revert to original Hushmail:
- Sign in to Hushmail
- Click Return to original Hushmail in the top-left corner of the page.
How do I save my files?
- Check to see if you have Java installed on your computer. Here is a link to find out if you have the current version of Java installed.
- If you don’t have the latest version of Java installed, follow these instructions to install it:
https://www.hushmail.comto your Exception Site List in the Java Control Panel. Follow these instructions to learn how:
- Sign out and sign back in with Java enabled. (You will see a link by the passphrase box.)
- Approve/allow/run the security checks and the Java applet and then let the Hush Encryption Engine load. This may take a minute or two.
- Once it has loaded, sign into your account.
- Click on the appropriate file storage folder(s).
- Download the files to your computer.
What if I don’t need my stored files?
Do nothing. All stored files will be deleted on May 1, 2016.
I need help!
No problem—reach out to our support team anytime.