Hushmail Business can be configured so that email sent to an email address on a Hushmail Business domain for which no account exists can be directed to any email address. The destination email address does not have to be hosted on the Hushmail Business domain. This is called email forwarding or email aliases.
Domain administrators can setup email forwarding as follows:
- Log into Hushtools with your administrator account.
- Next, click on the Domains link located on the left of the page.
- Next, click on Email Forwarding
- Next, click on New Forwarded Address a new window will open.
- In the new window enter the source address which is the user name for the email address you want to forward i.e. sales and then enter the destination address i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Next, click OK to setup the email forwarding.
- Administrators can setup up to 100 email forwarding rules for their domains.
- To delete an email forwarding rule select the email forwarding rule from the list of rules and click the Delete Selected button.
Tip: If you need to setup many email forwarding rules and the destination email address's are all the same, you may want to consider setting up a catch all email address. The catch all email address will direct all email for which no account exists to a specific account.