Hushmail Business customers who have enabled passphrase recovery can reset passphrases for users on their domain who have lost or misremembered their passphrases. To reset a users passphrase you will need:
- To be able to access to a passphrase component
- To be able to log into Hushtools with your administrator account.
To access a passphrase component follow these steps:
- Log into the Hushmail account that your domains passphrase components are stored. This account will either be your administrator account, or specific accounts designated by you when you configured passphrase recovery.
- Click on the mail folder Passphrase Shadows
- Open the most recent email for the account whose passphrase you wish to reset.
- Copy the passphrase component that is included in the message and use it when resetting your users passphrase.
To reset a passphrase follow these steps:
- Log into Hushtools with your administrator account.
- Click on Users, followed by Show all users to display a list of users on your domain.
- Click the edit link next to the user name you wish to reset the passphrase for.
- Click Reset Passphrase
- Paste the passphrase component into the field Paste one of the passphrase components required for reset
- Enter your new passphrase in the field Enter the new passphrase and confirm the passphrase
- If you wish to force your user to change their passphrase when they next log in check option Force the user to change this passphrase at next login.
- Click OK, your users passphrase has now be reset.